Friday, April 1, 2011

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

No- I am not getting married.  :) I have been married for 12 years to the most amazing man and tomorrow I get to see him for the first time in 3 weeks!  It feels like it has been 3 months.  Even though it has been very hard, I think that this journey we are on for our boys may be good for the two of us as well.

It is funny how a little time away can change things.  Because we can't see each other, we seem to be making more time to talk, email, text and communicate with each other than we did when we were living in the same house.  It even feels a bit like it did when we were dating.... The longing to see each other again, the not wanting to ever get off the telephone and, well - you get the picture :)

Tomorrow will start with showers and frantic house cleaning.  Exercises, bills and paperwork also need to be done.   Then the rental car place will be picking me up so I will have a car for tomorrow for many reasons: 

1.  I have to get to Brain Balance and Back twice (which is normal for a Friday)
2.  I have to go an additional time to Brain Balance for a meeting to go over all of the lab tests.  I am hoping that I find out something interesting in this meeting regarding the boys' current nutrition levels and food intolerances/allergies. I can make it there twice in a day on the golf cart batteries, but not three so I wasn't sure how I was going to swing it - but then I realized....
3.  That I had to pick up Bo at the airport at 3:00 - all right in the middle of all of this!  Renting a car was just way more practical and economical than having him take the shuttle.  Plus, it allows me to be able to get where I need to go since the cart would let me down tomorrow.

We are SO excited to have Papa here.  The kids are freaking out and cannot wait!  (Paige is the most excited of all!) I know his time here will go way too fast but we will take what we can get.  I am hoping there is time for him to take each one of the kids on their own special outing.  They each enjoy different things about hanging with their Papa and when they are all together, it gets so crazy and they don't get that personal attention that they want. 

We are excited to take him around on the cart paths and show him how good of a navigator Brody is.  I can't wait for him to see the changes I have seen in the boys!  I can't wait for him to see the Brain Balance center that is changing our lives forever.  I can't wait for him to watch the kids while I take a nap :)

What I can wait for is writing the updates for tonight because it is SO late again!  Does anyone have any ideas on how to adjust to a different timezone?  Even though I am exhausted, I don't get really bad tired until it is SO late here.  By that time I am on a roll getting things done that I can't do while the kids are awake or I am spending time talking to my sweet husband.  Before I know it, the time is 3:00 a.m. and I have 3 or so hours to sleep until the kids wake up and come in yelling that they are hungry, that there is a bug in their room or that Wyatt went poo poo on the floor. 

The last thing I will say before I say goodnight is HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUSIN HALI!  My sister's oldest child turned 8 today and we didn't get to call and sing Happy Birthday!  I feel HORRIBLE!  We thought about it this morning, but it was 6 a.m. her time so we didn't call.  Then we thought about calling when she was in school!  By the time I remembered again, the kids were all fast asleep :(  Brody will be so sad when he wakes up tomorrow and he finds out that we didn't call her.  We will have to make up for it somehow Hali! 

We hope you had a great Birthday and I am sure you will have 2 or 3 awesome parties because you have an awesome mom! 

Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Cousin Hali will make it through this just fine. As we can all see the awesome mom here is you! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to start posting earlier. You just can't keep going with such little sleep. You need to stay healthy.

    Have a fun weekend with Bo. Can't wait to hear the report. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with your dad. It's gonna catch up to you. But definitely take advange of some naps while your hubby's in town! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete