Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

This is just a short post to tell y'all  how grateful we are.   So many people have been so kind, generous, supportive and prayerful and we very much appreciate it.  I have received many kind emails and phone calls from people which are so encouraging.

Short story I forgot to share before:

As we arrived at the airport for our flight (will be three weeks ago this Monday!) Hazel was already asleep in the car.  Our flight left around 10:00 p.m. so everyone was exhausted.  It had been a long day of packing like crazy and saying our goodbyes.  The night before I had maybe gotten 2 hours of sleep but the adrenaline of the whole situation was keeping me going.

We pulled up to the curb in Paige's big red truck.  In the front seat sat Bo, Tammy & Paige.  In the back seat sat Brody, Wyatt and Hazel.  In the truck bed sat 14 suitcases, a portable cooler chest and a stroller.  It was quite a sight and I can't believe I didn't take a picture.  Oh wait!  Paige took one, but she has just spent the last hour trying to get it off of her old phone onto a computer, but was unsuccessful.  I will try and post it some other time. 

Bo dropped us off at the curb to go park which sounded like a good idea at the time.  However, now we were stuck.  We couldn't possibly get everything inside at once, we couldn't leave anything unattended on the curb (especially the little girl asleep in the car seat) and it was too late for Skycap or any help for that matter!  So we all just waited for Bo to park and come to rescue us.  When he did, I went in with the first load and got in line.  Bo stayed on the curb with the kids and loaded up cart after cart with suitcases and Paige and her little helper Brody brought them in.  I am not sure how many trips it was, but it was quite a few.  As I stood there in line, I watched all of the people stare in awe at the amount of luggage being piled by the counter.  I heard whispering, there was some head shaking and some comments such as - "all that luggage and all those kids"  I finally spoke up to the woman next to me and said "We are moving - it is not just a vacation".  She seemed very relieved and started asking questions.  I explained (in very short) why we were going, that we were moving everything with us on the airplane, etc. etc. She (and others listening close by) were very nice and even let me go ahead of them in line since we had a lot of people to truck through the airport and get through security in a short amount of time.

We checked 10 bags -too bad checked bags are no longer free :(  Bo and Paige started off toward security with the 3 small kids (one in a stroller)  5 carry on suitcases and 4 backpacks - not an easy task.  As I finished up at check in, I grabbed our boarding passes and was on my way.  The woman I had been talking to stopped me as I walked by and asked "what is your favorite color?" I was slightly confused thinking I must have ALL green suitcases or something? (Believe me I would if I could :)  I told her my favorite color was green having no idea what she might say next.  Her response was:  "Every time I see the color green I will pray for your family". 

Wow.  A total stranger who at first was slightly scoffing at the crazy family with the 15 suitcases, was now saying that she would pray for this crazy family. 

We have been so amazingly blessed.  I know that we are continually blessed by our prayers and faith and also by the prayers and faith of our friends and family - AND other people we don't even know. 

We love you all! 

Tammy
Note: Any of you that thought I could tell a short story obviously don't know me very well  :)


*************TEASER**************



P.S.  This was Paige's Worst Nightmare :)

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear the stories tam. What is that blue stuff? And the pantless Wyatt in the back window of the car? This is going to be good. Love you and miss you and I'm glad you guys have bo for the weekend. bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Tam! I read it almost daily and wait for your next post. You guys are for sure in our prayers too. You serisouly amaze and inspire me to be better! Sounds like you are seeing some good results. Hope it continues to go great! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were able to get more sleep this weekend with your hubby there. Is that blue stuff Moon Sand? I hate Moon Sand!...it makes a way bigger mess than play-dough if you ask me. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete