Sunday, May 29, 2011

What's For Dinner?

We had a great day today and a great day yesterday.  I have recovered from what I will say was the worst headache and probably the worse pain I have ever been in - yes, it was that bad.  I have so much to tell you and I can't wait!  (Mostly because I will forget it all....)

Tonight after the kids went to bed I surprised Bo, Paige and Drayton with movie night!  They were all excited until I wouldn't tell them what the movie was.  Apparently Drayton was under the impression that it was only 15 minutes - which is why he even came in the room.  Poor Drayton.  They were all troopers and stayed for the whole hour and a half movie.  What movie was it?



Now, many of you may have already seen this.  I had heard a lot of about it, I read up on food a lot because of our families restricted diet, but I had never seen this movie.  It is a HUGE eye opener.  Even though I really already knew fast food was bad and that food is processed terribly and everything is chemically engineered, there was still SO much I didn't know.  In fact, I would LOVE if this movie was 3 days long and explained every bit of the food industry, every thing we should NOT eat, the companies we should and should NOT buy from, etc.  That would probably take a month?  Maybe more?  I used to tell my husband that I just wanted to plant a garden in my backyard and raise my own cows, etc.  This movie makes me want to do that even more.  

The thing that scares me the most is that as consumers, we really have NO idea what is in our food, how it is being made or processed and how many diseases there can be in just one pound of hamburger that we buy.  A mom tells her story about her 2 1/2 year old son who was perfectly healthy and then after eating a hamburger he dies 12 days later.  He got the terrible E-coli virus and they couldn't save him.  How heartbreaking is that?  There are so many terrible ingredients and toxins in our food and our chicken, beef and other meats are all contaminated as well.  It is making us sick.  It is making our children sick and even killing them.  It is contributing to their neurological disorders.  We all need to educate ourselves on what we put on the dinner table and we need to do more cooking (quality food) and less eating out.  Way Less.  Seriously.  I knew that eating out was unhealthy because of the fat content and calories, but that is only a part of it.  

I rented this movie for 3.99 on iTunes.  You can buy it on amazon for $8.50.  You will spend more than that on your next meal so please take the time and spend the money to watch this.  Please.  

If you have already seen it, pass the link on to friends and family who haven't.

Here is the trailer to get you excited :)

The boys fly home tomorrow afternoon :( so maybe tomorrow night I will have time to fill you in on the details of the weekend!

Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment