Thursday, August 4, 2011

Am I Insane?

I think we all know the answer to that question by now, however I seem to get even crazier by the day.  That being said, I like it this way.  The times in my life when I had nothing to do, nothing going on and no challenges were the most boring, depressing and unfulfilling times in my life.  I am not AT ALL saying that is like that for anyone else!  Because of my personality I like to stay very busy and I tend to take on WAY more than anyone should.  However, I seem to just function better that way.  I do more, I accomplish more and I am happier.  Backwards huh?

So - that being said, let's look at the schedule for the next 4 days shall we?

Tomorrow:  Leaving by 10 to drive 5 hours to arrive just in time for my baby sister's bridal shower!  My whole family will be there and I am so excited! Go to sleep and then....

Friday:  Leave by 7 a.m. to drive 5 hours back home to prepare for my baby sister's second bridal shower at my home!  My whole family arrives hours later as well as a few family member's from Bo's side!  We will have 22 people staying in our house!

Saturday:  Hazel's Birthday party is at 10!
                 Brody's Birthday Party is at 12! (He missed having one with while we were gone)
                 Brody's baptism is at 5!
                 Dinner following baptism is at 7!

Sunday:  Hang out with family and then take the red eye to NYC where I will stay for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!  I will be attending the Brain Balance training and I am so excited.  I will be learning so much more than I already have.  I can't wait to be able to learn what I need to know to effectively treat children and help them and their families!

So - What do I have to do in between these above listed items over the next 4 days? 

  • Pack for Bridal Shower
  • Finish reading training manuals and books! 
  • Clean my house and get ready for another shower!
  • Shopping to get food for shower, parties and baptism dinner
  • Preparing food for shower and doing a few decorations
  • Figure out what we are even doing at the birthday parties!
  • Get balloons/decor for birthday parties and figure out what to do since they can't have cake!
  • Pack to live in New York for 2 weeks!
  • Work on getting our Lease signed for our center space
  • Work on the floor plan layout to get it finalized
  • Spend time with my family!
  • Sleep! (ha!)
  • Go even more insane!
  • There are hundreds more but I won't bore you with my "to do"list.. :)
I am going to post as much as I can over the next 2 weeks and I am excited to share things I learn at training.  

Center update:  We are hoping to sign our lease this week and start construction very soon!  After that will be hiring, training, marketing and then opening!  Sounds easy right? :)

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could handle all of that!!! WOW you are AMAZING and a little crazy! ha ha I am so excited for your center (BB)! I have already informed some families here in Utah county about it. I'm going to be directing them your blog as well to read a little more with your experience. The funny thing is, is the word is out! I talked to a girl and she already heard about it! Pretty awesome Tam!

    Have fun with all your parties and showers!!! And try to get some sleep in there for me. I'm just tired from reading everything you are going to do! :) :) Love ya, be safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete